22 Feb Hiring: Director of Ministries & Operations
Director of Ministries & Operations
Gospel City Church (GCC) is a four-year-old English-speaking church plant in the heart of Itaewon, the most diverse neighborhood in Seoul, Korea. We currently have an active congregation of around 180 adults and 40+ children, and we are constantly growing. During the past four years, we have seen people come to Christ, de-churched people come back to church, and apathetic Christians grow. Many Koreans and expats alike have found renewed joy in their faith.
We’re looking for a Director of Church Ministries & Operations to support the ministry effectiveness of Gospel City Church. The successful candidate will provide the church with the oversight and implementation of the discipleship strategy. The successful candidate would also develop and provide organizational support for Sunday Services, leadership training, ministry teams, community groups, and courses.
- Provide vision, oversight and care for ministry leaders and members in order to effectively recruit, develop and execute their ministries.
- Provide training and care for community group leaders in order to cultivate healthy community groups.
- Oversee the scheduling, execution of courses, serving in the teaching rotation.
- Coordinate church calendar, including logistics for testimonies, baptisms, retreats, conferences etc.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly Sunday services by coordinating Sunday serving teams & logistics.
- Assist in the development of an annual departmental budget and manage spending to budget.
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor.
- Initiate, edit and distribute church-wide communication
- Work closely with the pastoral staff to regularly update the website with information about current/upcoming sermon series and events
- Follow up communication with newcomers and church members.
- Is teachable, passionate, and self-motivated
- Has the proven ability to shepherd others, and build systems and teams
- Has the ability to recruit develop, coach and empower leaders for multiplication.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Is competent in administration
- Is fluent in English (fluency in Korean would also be strongly preferred)
- Masters of Divinity or extensive ministry experience preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of involvement in leadership in small group ministries.
- Starting as soon as possible.
- Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.