04 Nov Internship Program 2019
Recommendations should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gospel City is recruiting new interns! The goal of this internship is to disciple, equip and train the next generation of pastors and missionaries for GOSPEL-CENTERED MINISTRY. We hope that these interns can turn into part-time and full-time pastors of Gospel City and be sent out to plant healthy gospel- centered churches.
First Round Deadline: November 30, 2018
After November 30, rolling deadline for applications.
What Is Gospel City About?
We are a gospel-centered church planted in the heart of Itaewon. We believe Jesus Changes Everything. You’ll hear us preach it, sing it, discuss it and live it. We have seen people come to Christ, de-churched people come back to church, apathetic Christians grow, and Koreans and Expats find renewed joy in their faith. In the next several years, we want to reach the next generation of Koreans by Korean-speaking healthy gospel- centered churches.
What Is Our Ministry Philosophy?
- Theology + Ministry Practice = Effective Minister
- We will develop your theology through book reviews, group discussions, and coaching/training.
- We will provide a safe place for you to think through and practice ministry.
An Ideal Candidate:
- Ascribes to Gospel-Centered Theology
- Is teachable, passionate, and self-motivated
- Is passionate about authentic relationships/communities
- Has a heart to disciple; competency in administration
- Has an Interest in a part-time/full-time position upon graduation
- Is willing to fundraise a portion of his/her stipend
- English fluency is required; Korean fluency is preferred, but not required.
What Will This Internship Look Like?
- 1-year program with the possibility of extension
- 5-15 hours of ministry weekly
- Weekly staff meetings
- Bi-weekly book review and group discussions
- Bi-weekly sermon preparation and evaluation
- Monthly 1:1 coaching/training with Lead Pastor
What Types of Topics Will the Internship Address?
- What is Gospel-Centered Ministry?
- What is a healthy church? Are mega-churches healthy? Should you do house-church?
- How do you allow the gospel to transform lives and not guilt, fear, shame, emotionalism or programs?
- How do you prepare and preach robust Christ-centered, relevant sermons?
- What is culture and how do you engage it?
- How can you become a more effective leader?
- How do you stay emotionally healthy in ministry?
- How do you start, develop and maintain a ministry?
- How do you manage and empower volunteers?
- How do you disciple people?
- How do you persuasively defend your faith?
- What does evangelism look like today?
- How can you become a church planter?
Book Discussion and Reviews:
- Transforming Grace, Jerry Bridges
- Christ-Centered Preaching, Bryan Chapell
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality, Peter Scazerro
- The Reason for God, Tim Keller
- Center Church, Tim Keller
- Trellis and the Vine, Marshall and Payne
- Two additional books selected by Lead Pastor
Areas of Ministry Focus:
- Pastoral, Missional Communities, Discipleship, Local Outreach, Worship, Children’s Ministry, Women’s Ministry, and more.
Stipend & Benefits:
- Stipend range between 250,000 – 750,000 won a month
- 3 weeks of paid vacation, 2 weeks of paid ministry leave (for ministry engagements or education)
How Do I Apply?
1) Send resume to Pastor Joel Yoon (email@example.com)
2) Send a quality digital photo to Pastor Joel Yoon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3) Have two Recommendation Forms sent directly to Pastor Joel Yoon (email@example.com).
4) Complete online application HERE.
For more questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org