04 Oct Internship Program 2019
Recommendations should be sent directly to email@example.com.
Gospel City is recruiting new interns! The goal of this internship is to disciple, equip and train the next generation of pastors and missionaries for GOSPEL-CENTERED MINISTRY. We hope that these interns can turn into part-time and full-time pastors of Gospel City and be sent out to plant healthy gospel- centered churches.
First Round Deadline: Oct. 31, 2019
After Oct. 31, rolling deadline for applications.
What Is Gospel City About?
We are a gospel-centered church planted in the heart of Itaewon. We believe Jesus Changes Everything. You’ll hear us preach it, sing it, discuss it and live it. We have seen people come to Christ, de-churched people come back to church, apathetic Christians grow, and Koreans and Expats find renewed joy in their faith. In the next several years, we want to plant healthy, Korean-speaking, gospel-centered churches.
What is the difference between an internship and a residency?
- An intern’s main role is to LEARN how a gospel-centered theological vision drives ministry by
- Observing and helping existing ministries
- A resident’s role main role is to learn how to APPLY these lessons by
- Serving and leading ministries
- Learning how to craft gospel-centered sermons
- Both groups will be involved in
- Staff meetings
- Theological and Ministry Development meetings
- After serving a year as an intern, they are encouraged to apply to be ministry or pastoral residents.
What will this Internship/Residency look like?
- 1-year internship and then residency.
- Weekly staff meetings
- Monthly developmental meetings
- 1-1 coaching/training
What types of topics will this address?
- What is Gospel-Centered Ministry?
- What is a healthy church?
- How do you allow the gospel to transform lives and not use guilt, fear, shame, or emotionalism?
- How do you prepare and preach robust Christ-centered relevant sermons?
- How can you be an effective, but a non-domineering leader?
- Ascribe to Gospel-Centered Theology
- Passionate about discipleship and authentic communities
- Teachable and self-motivated
- Interest in church planting
- English fluency required, Korean fluency is preferred, but not required.
Areas of Ministry Focus:
- Pastoral, Worship, Women’s, College, Youth, and Children’s Ministry
Stipend & Benefits:
- Interns: ₩500,000; Residency: ₩1,000,000
- 3 weeks of paid vacation, 2 weeks of paid ministry leave (for ministry engagements or education)
How Do I Apply?
1) Send resume to Pastor Joel Yoon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2) Send a quality digital photo to Pastor Joel Yoon (email@example.com)
3) Have two Recommendation Forms sent directly to Pastor Joel Yoon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4) Complete online application HERE.
For more questions, email email@example.com