22 Feb [UPDATE: Position Filled] Hiring: Administrator
***This position has been filled.
Gospel City Church (GCC) is a four-year-old English-speaking church plant in the heart of Itaewon, the most diverse neighborhood in Seoul, Korea. We currently have an active congregation of around 180 adults and 40+ children, and we are constantly growing. During the past four years, we have seen people come to Christ, de-churched people come back to church, and apathetic Christians grow. Many Koreans and expats alike have found renewed joy in their faith.
We’re looking for an Administrator to support the ministry effectiveness of Gospel City Church and our pastoral staff. The successful candidate will provide the church with administrative and organizational support, as well as helping to develop clear administrative systems for church effectiveness.
- Lead in the day-to-day operational and ministry tasks of the ministry staff, allowing the Lead Pastor to devote himself to the study of Scripture, prayer, preaching, and developing the vision for the church.
- Assist in meeting scheduling, document preparation, & processing post-meeting details.
- Manage communication and logistics for retreats, conferences and other opportunities.
- Edit articles, manuscripts, and other written material as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor.
- Coordinate church calendar, including logistics for testimonies, baptisms, retreats, conferences etc.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly Sunday services by coordinating Sunday serving teams & logistics.
- Maintain online files and documentation.
- Order and maintain storage space, including inventories of church and office supplies.
- Assist in the development of an annual departmental budget and manage spending to budget.
- Perform weekly book-keeping activities which include processing offering, invoices and completing reimbursement claims.
- Inputs all financial transactions into the general ledger (i.e. Quickbooks) on a monthly basis.
- Track and confirm accuracy of balances shown in all financial accounts to the general ledger (i.e. Quickbooks) on a monthly basis.
- Prepares yearly tax documentation for church members and staff.
- Initiate, edit and distribute church-wide communication.
- Work closely with the pastoral staff to regularly update the website with announcements and updates.
- Manage all email communications from various church email accounts.
- Highly engaging and friendly personality.
- Must be bilingual (English and Korean).
- Has strong written communication skills.
- Has a commitment to excellence, along with an eye for detail and visual aesthetics.
- Must demonstrate strong working knowledge of computers and proficiency in software programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree.
- 3-5 years serving in an administrative role for a high-functioning leader.
- Starting as soon as possible.
- Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.